Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chicago, Illinois



This was my first trip to Chicago, Illinois, and I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed the city. I only spent about a day and a half in the city, which was not nearly enough time. I only visited 1.5 museums out of the many in the city. The transportation systems were fairly clean and relatively easy to figure out (despite missing three trains), but the fares will soon be increased; the federal government does not contribute enough funds to the transportation system. The plan of the city was easy to navigate. The streets were not nearly as crowded and dirty as New York City. Of course the pizza and shopping were great (there's a three-story H&M).



The Navy Pier turns into the "Navy Fear" in October, and the city decorates everything for Halloween. Rusty, faded cars and boats line the streets and tell stories of plunging into the lake or sinking without cause. The renowned ferris wheel seemed fun but ultimately terrifying (to say I'm acrophobic is an understatement) when the furious wind began to rock the cart at the top of the circle.

No comments: